Wednesday 21 August 2013

Hazel's Tea Shop

Cuisine: Taiwanese/Bubble tea
Shop 8, Chevron Renaissance, 3240 Surfers Paradise Boulevard
Surfers Paradise, QLD 4217

I love my bubble tea and having been tempted 3 times walking past 3 different Hazel's Tea Shop during our stay in Gold Coast, I caved and decided to get one. 

That was the worst decision ever. I ordered a normal milk tea with pearl ($4.50) as that is what I usually get when I try a new tea place in order to gauge how good it is. The tea came in the usual plastic container sealed. The colour looked very white and it tasted like watered down milk lacking any tea flavour whatsoever. The cup did not contain much ice at all. My speculation is that either not much ice was placed in it or the ice melted extremely quickly (which would explain the watered down taste). 

The pearls were also overcooked and very much on the softer side, not chewy at all. Because of my huge disappointment, I did not feel the need to take a picture. 

Overall
I would never ever get milk tea from there again. The food on the other hand, I cannot comment on. I hope the food will be better than their tea. 


Food: 1/10
Service: 5/10 
Cost: Cheap Eat
Overall dining experience: 3/10

Hazel Tea Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment